Credit Transfer for Elective Courses (Optional)
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Credit transfer for elective Courses (optional)
When a Course is completed, the credit transfer engine will create a new Course Connection for the related Course if it is not found on other Program Enrollments for a student. When a new Program Enrollment is created, the "Optional" Course Connection will also be created if the completed Course is found for a student to get a credit transfer.
In the older versions of RIO Education (v2.10 - v3.2), the Course Connections for Elective/Optional Courses are not created upfront. They are only created when the student enrolls into them. At this moment, if the student has completed a series of elective Courses from a different Program, the results are not credit transferred to the new Program that have the same set of elective Courses.
- When a Course is completed, the credit transfer engine will create a new Course Connection for the related Course if it is not found in other Program Enrollments for a student.
- When a new Program Enrollment is created, the optional Course Connection will also be created if the completed Course is found for a student to get a credit transfer.
However, if you are upgrading your RIO Education from below v3.3, you will need to manually fix the missing credit transfer Courses. Here are the steps:
- Identify the missing credit transfer Course(s).
- Navigate to the Program Enrollment record that you would like the credit transfer to be applied to.
- Under the tab Course Connection, click the button New to create a new Course Connection. These are the details required:
- Contact: Lookup to the student's record.
- Contact's Academic Program: Lookup to the Academic Program.
- Plan Requirement (Course): Lookup to the Plan Requirement of the Course that requires credit transfer. Refer to the Plan Requirement under Program Plan of the Academic Program above.
- PE Group: Lookup to the correct PE Group. Refer to the correct PE Group from the Program Enrollment >> Pathway.
- Click save. Once the Course Connection is created, the credit transfer automation will be triggered and this will update the grade information from the source Course Connection.