RIO Education 2.14 Release Notes
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
For more information on installing or upgrading your RIO Education version, head here.
Release date: 6th July 2022
Added System.isBatch() and System.isQueueable() check to ensure that we do not invoke the future method in asynchronous processing.
Please note that the syncContactUser() won't be executed at all in asynchronous mode due to Salesforce restriction "DML operation on setup object is not permitted after you have updated a non-setup object (or vice versa)".
Release date: 4th August 2021
- Session Scheduler - Allow users to edit past events.
- Session Scheduler - Configurable calendar header button.
- Attendance Component: The sessions listed do not respect the actual allocation.
- Calendar: Rooms and start/end time are not accurate.
- Calendar fail to load when there is booking without room.
- Calendar: Bookings that fall on the session connection start/end date will not be displayed.
- Deletion of booking in session booking generation triggers the SECN_DateValidation_TDTM.
- Faculty session connection date is not updated properly when session date is changed.
- Funding Fee Lines not removed.
- Grading Component: Weekly grading period always include withdrawn students.
- PE Pathway Fee Method formula field not updated for trigger.
- Session list not updated when scheduler is moved to next week via preview.
- Session Scheduler - The copy start/end date logic mistaken includes deleted session time.
- Session Scheduler - Error when unallocating faculty or reapplying template without "deleting faculty attendance" option enabled.
- Session Scheduler - "entity is deleted" Error when reapplying template.
- Session Scheduler - Session details is not updated.
- Session Scheduler - Double booking event highlight for faculty is taking too long when there are more than 700 records.
- Session Scheduler - Option to disable template selection when editing session.
- Session Scheduler - Sessions that has start and end date that fall on first day of calendar not appearing.
- Student attendance is not being considered when deleting a session time.
- The option for "This sessions time only" when confirming event changed should be "This session time only".
- Cannot delete session when there is only faculty session connections.
- Generate/Regenerate Term Fees from PE Pathway.
- Session Scheduler - Facility/Faculty unallocation.
- Session Scheduler - Able to reallocate bookings for all session times to a facility/faculty.
- Session Scheduler - Retain scrolling position when navigating between weeks.
- Session Scheduler - Make day splitter line thicker.
- Session Scheduler - Show classes that are relevant to the calendar date range.
- Session Scheduler - Able to filter sessions that require action only (e.g. unscheduled or double booked).
- Session Scheduler - Allow user to apply the configured session time info (start date and end date) to all session times.
- Session Scheduler - Allow user to reapply template to existing session.
- Session Scheduler - Support Contact and Facility Filter.
- Support calculation in minutes for attendance.
- Faculty attendance record is linked to the wrong session connection.
- Group Non-Tuition Fees being recreated.
- Handle deleting Fee Lines and Funding Allocations.
- Session booking generation always delete facility and faculty allocation.
- Pre-acceptance enrollment not working for community users.
- Program Application not updating PE on all statuses.
- Session Scheduler - Allocating "All future events" doesn't guarantee the creation of attendance if there is an existing session connection.
- Session Scheduler - Facility and faculty allocation indication is buggy.
- Session Scheduler - Large session volume could cause slowness.
- Session Scheduler - Session without "Required Facility Type" should ignore the facility compatibility check.
- Session double booking not updated when session connection is deleted.
- SFEE_CourseConnection_TDTM - NPE exception on enrolling in course.
- Template Builder - A template with deleted course causing null pointer exception.
- Template Builder - TDTM exception when editing Template name.
Metadata Package Link
You will need to apply both metadata for v2.13 and v2.14.
WARNING: If you are installing into an existing Salesforce org - STOP and contact us for assistance to avoid overwriting any existing metadata. It is important to compare the metadata before applying because it would overwrite any existing configuration.
2.14 Upgrade notes
Many things were changed as we moved from v2.10, and some existing data may need to be updated.
1. Install the new version of RIO Education
For security reasons, make sure to install for Administrators Only. Our permission sets and sharing rules will handle giving access to other users.Delete
2. Install the new versions of the metadata package
Like usual, you will need to do the upgrade folders for each version between your old version and the new version.
There may be some layouts that you don't want to update. In that case, you will need to manually add some new fields to your current page layouts.
Upgrade folders can be found in RIO Education Release Notes under Metadata Package Link.
3. Update Term's enrollment open/close date times
We moved from using dates to date/times in v2.12. You should update all the terms with enrollment open/close dates, and populate the enrollment open/close date/times.
You should also remove obsolete date fields from the page layouts, and replace them with the date/time fields.
4. Set Default Program Pathways on Program Plans
We changed how students are assigned program pathways to follow. It’s now based on a field in Program Enrollment, or it follows a default from the Program Plan. If you aren't planning to set the Program Pathway in Program Enrollments through some other means, you will need to populate the Default Program Pathway field on Program Plan.
You can probably assume the full-time program pathway should be the default.
5. Set Program Pathways on Program Enrollments and PE Pathways
We have a Trigger Handler for the class rio_ed.PREN_UpdatedPathway_TDTM that will allow you to just update the Program Enrollment, and this will update the Program Pathway lookup on current and future PE Pathways. Old PE Pathways can be ignored.
Any existing Program Enrollment and PE Pathway should also have their Program Pathway field populated. You can probably assume there is a matching program pathway from PE’s Program Plan and Enrollment Method.
6. Set Student Fee Type on Contact
Contact no longer uses the "Is International?" checkbox to determine student fee types. You need to set the Student Fee Type on Contact. The default values are "Domestic" and "International", which you can set based on the old value in "Is International?"Delete
7. Fee Schedules need to be Approved
Any current Fee Schedules need to be updated to "Approved" for RIO Education to consider them when creating Student Fees. You can update the status field to "Approved", as long as there is at least one related Fee Schedule Term.Delete
8. Update all Course Offerings
Course Offerings need to be updated so we can set the correct Fee Schedule Terms and Fee Amounts on them. Just updating Course Offerings without changing anything is enough to trigger this Fee logic.
9. Program Enrollments with fee method = "Program" need to set the Fee Lookup
We no longer use Fee Amount field, so we need to populate the Fee lookup field. You should be able to find the appropriate Fee by looking at the Program Enrollment's Program Plan.Delete
10. Set Main Term Student Fee checkboxes
If you have any existing Student Fees for Program Enrollments with the Term or Term - Course fee methods, you will need to update those Student Fees. There is a checkbox called "Main Term Student Fee" that needs to be set to true. We use this checkbox to prevent duplicate Student Fees from being created.Delete
11. Existing Fee Lines need to lookup to Fee Schedule Terms
Any existing Fee Lines will need to lookup to their originating Fee Schedule Term (if applicable).
- If there is a related Course Connection, you can find the correct Fee Schedule Term through that.
- If fee method = Program, you can find the correct Fee Schedule Term through the Program Enrollment's Fee and Starting Term.
12. Course fee method Student Fees need to look up to PE Pathway
This step only matters if there are any current Program Enrollments with the "Course" fee method (not "Term - Course", that's different).
Student Fees for the Course fee method now need to lookup to the PE Pathway like the Term based Student Fees do. You should be able to find the correct PE Pathway by looking at the Fee Lines' Course Connections.
13. Discount Funding Allocations
This step only matters if you have any existing Funding Allocations.
If any discount type Funding and Funding Allocations had been created before 2.12, they need to use the Discount Amount field, instead of the regular Amount field.Delete
14. Elective/Optional Course Connection Behavior Change
When a Program Enrollment is created, all the related course type plan requirements defined in the selected program plan will be created as Course Connection. However, the behavior has changed where the automation will only create all course type plan requirements that defined as "Required" only. For "Optional" course type plan requirement, the Course Connection will be created when a student enrolls to a course via the enrollment wizard. This is to save the overuse of Salesforce data storage.
If you have any existing process/automation that relies on the "Optional" Course Connection, you will need to handle the record creation.Delete
15. New Apex Trigger on Session Time object
A new Apex Trigger has been introduced on session time object. If you have implemented a custom Apex Trigger on session time, you will need to deactivate the Apex Trigger to avoid duplicate execution.Delete