Considerations for archiving data
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
You may be considering to clean up or archiving data related to RIO Education at some point.
For example, you have a large number of old Course Connections from previous students over the years.
Thus, you are planning to archive these old Course Connections.
Take note that after the data is archived, the records are technically staying "outside" of Salesforce and won't be considered by RIO Education / EDA.
If you still need the data after they have been archived, you will need to build some customization.
There are complexity and dependency around the data relationship (e.g. a Program Enrollment and its Course Connection, etc.). In this case, it is recommended to consider defining the age of data and retrench those that are older than a certain age, e.g., 10 years.
How far back would you generate transcript for the students?
Do you need to do any government-related reporting, and how far back must you report (e.g. 7 years)?
- Payment ledgers and student fee records might be affected as well - how far back would you need to retain these?
Due to the dependencies, it is also worth noting that:
- When a parent record is archived, the child records should be archived too.
- Archiving records might also affect their parent records.
- For example, Course Connections will contribute to the parent Program Enrollment's status.
- Thus, it will be simpler to archive the whole data hierarchy.
- Note also that any Salesforce formula, rollup will not work post archiving the data.