For more information on installing or upgrading your RIO Education version, head here.
Release date: 24th August 2021
What’s new in RIO Education version 3.0
Appointment Scheduler enhancements
- Student View - ability for students to book appointments in the student community.
Faculty View - ability for Faculty to book appointments in the Facultycommunity.
- Room only Booking - for students and faculty to book rooms.
Session Scheduler enhancements
- Session Booking Preview.
- Collapsible left panel.
- Enhancements for updates to future session bookings, to retain any custom changes that may have been made prior to the update.
- Enhancements for multiple attendance taking per session, where there are different session times on the same day.
- Ability to set fees based on Student types.
- Support for fee groups (multiple non-tuition fees).
- Support for course dependent extra fees, including one off fees.
- Support for Discounts.
- Support for late payments.
- Support for Application fees and deposits. Ability to create Program Enrollment record with “Applicant” status to link these fees into.
- Support for fee and fee line locking, and funding updates based on locking rules.
- Support for Generation and regeneration of term fees. Allows course based term fees to be generated on a specific date.
Shared Sessions and Session Composition/Groups (new)
- Ability to share sessions between courses, e.g. a session may be available for both first-year and second years students, who are in different courses but need to share the session content.
- Ability to define the session composition, e.g. in an Ensemble class you may have places for a certain number of guitar and violin majors.
Transfer Credit enhancements
- Support for Transfer credit agreements from other institutions.
- Support for students to self-select which courses they are applying for transfer credit, to reduce the administrative burden on the registrar.
Enrollment dates by cohort (new)
- Ability to set different enrollment open/close dates per student cohort.
Program structure and Pathway enhancements
- Shared groups in the program structure. It is common for programs to share electives. Now we can do that without having to re-enter all those shared elective groups into each program structure. We can share them.
- Pathways are now not just linked to study modes (full time, etc.). We can set a pathway to math a major for example.
- Addition of Max Credits per term and Recommended credits per term to identify if a student is on track at enrollment time.
Completion Engine enhancements
- Support for non-credit courses to be recognized by the completion engine. E.g. ability to count the number of courses completed, rather than the number of credits.
- Allow admin to configure the session connection statuses to be considered when session is deleted.
- Allow faculty auto attendance creation to include past bookings.
- Allow manual Fee Lines to lookup to Fee.
- Allow Term - Course Fees to regenerate.
- Allow voiding fee lines.
- Assorted AIM Appointment Scheduler enhancements.
- Calendar: Include bookings from other session connection status instead of just "Enrolled".
- Enrollment wizard appears empty when there is no Program Enrollment record found.
- Limit facilities shown in Appointment Scheduler.
- Session Scheduler: Make hide sidebar (left) more visible.
- Session Scheduler: Include completed classes in the scheduler for review purpose.
- Template Builder: Reposition the add [+] template button.
- Template Builder: Support delete action.
- Update completion engine to work with number of courses completed.
- "Term Use Cohort Enrollment" FLS is missing in REDU - Student permission set.
- 09_redu_custommetadata.zip and 10_obsolete_components.zip can be removed from guideline.
- Appointment Scheduler: Booking record is still created when contact attendance record fail.
- Appointment Scheduler: Hang when navigating between weeks.
- Assign Facility Shortcut Not Working.
- Auto Enrollment as we meet requirements not working?
- Cancelled appointment not releasing the facility.
- Co-Requisite unenroll error due to validation.
- Course Connections owned by community users don't apply sharing rules.
- Data Solution Reminder Wizard: Deleted managed package object causing "Entity is not API enabled" error.
Faculty need Appointment Availabilities and Times.
Faculty permission set for sessions.
- Generate Term Fees student issues.
- Grade setting trigger always overwrites customer supplied name and external id.
- Grade Setting Type in Course connection is always set to Academic Institute, If you need Program level or Dept level setting you can't use it without adding custom automations.
- Ignore for GPA calculation checkbox in Course Enrollment ignores the credits earned too.
- Non-repeatable fee line handling.
- Nullpointer exception thrown when attempted to create Grade setting against Program without a Program code.
PE Pathway Courses Completed duplicate code.
- Program Enrollment Ownership.
- Program Enrollment's Program Fee field is inaccurate.
- Session Scheduler - Department filter and faculty displaying incorrectly.
- Session Scheduler: The date range for booking reallocation is not calculated accurately.
- Student Community - Toggle switches go backwards on back out then back in.
- Student Scheduler: "All" checkbox always include all students without respecting the student quick search.
- User lookup not populated on contact after user creation (platform user).
- Withdrawn Courses prevent All Courses Completed checkbox.
WARNING: If you are installing into an existing Salesforce org - STOP and contact us for assistance to avoid overwriting any existing metadata. It is important to compare the metadata before applying because it would overwrite any existing configuration.
3.0 Upgrade notes
Due to changes made in RIO Education v3.0, some existing data may need to be updated.
1. Install the new version of RIO Education
For security reasons, make sure to install for Administrators Only. Our permission sets and sharing rules will handle giving access to other users.
2. Install the new versions of the metadata package
Like usual, you will need to do the upgrade folders for each version between your old version and the new version. Upgrade folders can be found in RIO Education Release Notes under Metadata Package Link.
There may be some layouts that you don't want to update. In that case, you will need to manually add some new fields to your current page layouts.
3. Ensure Program Enrollments and Course Connections aren't owned by students/community users
RIO Education v3.0 includes a trigger to change the owner of these records to internal users, to allow sharing rules to run correctly. For old data, you should update any Program Enrollments and Course Connections owned by community-licensed users to an internal user.
Program Enrollments and Course Connections both have lookups to Contact. The Contact should already be owned by an internal user, so you can likely use this user as your new owner.
Note: The admin will need to update record ownership manually based on the script provided.
4. Update Plan Requirements and PE Groups to track Courses Completed
You will only need to do this if you have Courses worth 0 credit points.
Existing Plan Requirements or PE Groups that need to track courses completed instead of credits earned will need the relevant fields updated, and the credits field cleared.
For any Plan Requirement (Group) that needs to track courses completed instead of credits earned, update these fields:
- Courses Required = [Number of courses required]
- Credits Equivalent per Course = [Credits equivalent per average course]
- Credits = null, or Credits = 0
- (Note you can only set Credits = null if you use the page layout from the metadata package, or manually mark Credits as no longer required on the page layout)
You then will need to do the same for any PE Groups created from these Plan Requirements (Group).
5. Create Appointment Availabilities for facilities
If you are already using the Appointment Scheduler, you could previously book against any location/room. In v3.0, you will need to create new Appointment Availability records for each location/room to make it available for each Appointment Type.
6. Set Faculty User lookup on Faculty Contacts
For any existing Faculty member to use the Appointment Scheduler, they will need the User lookup field populated on the Contact record.
You may be able to match Users to Contacts based on email, but I can't guarantee that will always be correct.