RIO Education 3.13.1 Release Notes
Enhancements, new features, and bug fixes
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
If a specific enhancement or new feature requires configuration, the notes will mention:
- the upgrade notes (steps),
- the components ("RIO Ed - Aura"),
- the attributes (configurable settings), and/or,
- the custom metadata type.
Otherwise, if there is no mention on configuration, attributes, RIO Ed - Aura components, or upgrade notes for a specific enhancement, this means that specific enhancement is automatically available upon installing this new version.
No configuration is needed for a new feature unless stated otherwise.
For more information on installing or upgrading your RIO Education version, head here.
Release date: 16th June 2023
3.13.1 New Install
** If you encountered errors such as:
- (RIOEducation_Account_Record_Page) Component [industries_mfg_common:mfgAnalyticsDashboard] attribute [dashboardName]: Error while fetching dashboards
- RIOEducation_Educational_Institution_Page: Component [industries_mfg_common:mfgAnalyticsDashboard] attribute [dashboardName]: Error while fetching dashboards
See here for a workaround.
Before you upgrade
If you have not already enabled LWS in your instance, make sure to enable it. See here for more details.
- We recommend you to test new versions in a sandbox first (according to your own test cases), before rolling it into production.
- It is important to review the upgrade plans and the metadata to be applied before performing any action, as we do not support rollback.
1) If you are using REDU - Admin and REDU - Operation Admin profile / permission set, take note of the following:
2) If you have a customized Session Scheduler page, make sure to check that all attributes (e.g. field sets, info popups) are present after upgrading.
- It is best to keep track of your attributes on the RIO Ed - Session Scheduler component before upgrading, so that you can update them if any are missing after upgrading.
Bug Fix - Assessment and Completion
ISS-001537 Completion Engine treats OPTIONAL Plan Requirement Groups as Required
Previously, if a Plan Requirement Group is ‘Optional’ and the student has not enrolled into it, the Completion Engine will treat that related PE Group as uncompleted and will not make the Program Enrollment 100% Completion, even though the Student has fulfilled all the Credits required to complete the Program.
This is now updated, so that the Completion Engine will now only consider PE Groups with a Category of 'Required', when calculating the Completion Progress of a Program Enrollment.
Bug Fix - Admissions
ISS-001599 My Majors issue with Transfer Credits - null Course Id
Previously, when the "Hide Irrelevant Multiple Groups Course" is active / enabled on the ‘RIO Ed - My Majors (Aura)’ component, Transfer Credit Courses are displayed only if there's a related Plan Requirement on the Course Connection.
Now, if the PE Discipline's related Course Connection has no related Plan Requirement, but has a related Transfer Credit, it will be displayed.
- Course name (for displaying in the table), and the
- Course ID (used for filtering when the 'Hide Irrelevant Multiple Groups Course' filter is enabled),
will be taken from their respective fields on the Transfer Credit record.
Bug Fix - Schedule and Delivery
ISS-001641 Linebreaks are ignored for Session info on the calendar view
Previously, the Session info is displayed as a continuous line of text on the calendar view, without any line breaks. This is because in Fullcalendar v5, due to the change of the event content rendering, the line break "\n" is no longer supported.
Therefore, the facility and faculty name displayed on the calendar event are now separated by pipe (|) instead of line break (\n).
See also: RIO Ed - Calendar (Aura)
ISS-001649 Session Scheduler - Faculty Availability Visibility Issue
Previously, when the 'Show Resource Availability' option enabled in the Session Scheduler component, the colour of the faculty's 'available' block is almost similar with the colour 'unavailable' block. This might cause some difficulty for the user to identify the availability of the faculty.
Therefore, the visibility of the faculty availability has been fixed, whereby the colour of the ‘available’ and ‘unavailable’ blocks have enough contrast/difference.
ISS-001650 Session Scheduler - Faculty appears as available for previous week when availability time is set to start on Monday of current week
Previously, when an Availability Time has been set for a faculty, the Session Scheduler will also show the week before the Availability Time's week as available, even though this is not the case.
Thus, the rendering of the faculty availability is now fixed.
Bug Fix - Others
ISS-001655 REQ_SetDates_TDTM trigger handler not updated with correct trigger action when upgrading to 3.12
The post installation script is fixed for the following trigger handlers: