RIO Education 3.2 Release Notes
Upgrade notes, bug fixes, and enhancements
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
For more information on installing or upgrading your RIO Education version, head here.
Release date: 12th January 2022
ISS-000813 Enrollment wizard fails to show Results and Payments correctly when there are multiple program enrollments
The rendering of the results and payment components in the enrollment wizard are fixed.
ISS-001094 Payments don't allow paying in student portal if partially paid
The enrollment wizard is now fixed to support the next payment if a student fee is partially paid.
ISS-000679 my Sessions calendar filter with/without session connection start and end date
The calendar can now display the session bookings for both student session connections with and without start date and end date. For session connections without start date and end date, the session's start date and end date will be used.
See also: RIO Ed - Calendar (Aura)
ISS-001106 REDU_Date_UTIL.getWeekStartDateFromWeekNumber() not returning correct date for ISO week 1701 and 2201
The ISO week date calculation was wrongly adjusted to previous week.
Release date: 25th November 2021
- Custom Single Related List: Sorting a reference field (Lookup/MD) doesn't respect the actual value.
- Enrollment Wizard: The courses listed are not being grouped in the correct PE Group.
- Calendar not showing all bookings when a student has multiple session connections for the same class but with different date.
Release date: 29th October 2021
- Missing "REDU_SessionBookingInfo_LCTRL" Apex class access.
- Facility resource double booking check performance issue quick fix.
- Student Grading Component: Save and Close button misalign.
- Session Scheduler: Fail to update bookings "System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object".
- Session Scheduler: The faculty members displayed on the booking tooltip is incorrect.
- Encounter "Duplicate id in list" error when updating the "Upfront Payment" for a fee line via payment component.
Previously, in the attendance tab, once a student is marked Attended, Absent, or Late, it can’t be reset.
This has now been resolved by enabling individual attendance (i.e. a student) to be reset in the event that the student has been marked incorrectly. A new "reset" button icon is added to the attendance component to allow user to reset an attendance record.
See also: RIO Ed - Attendance - Session List (Aura) Component
Added a new status variable called "Revalidate" in the Session Scheduler. When the Booking Alert Status is set to "Revalidate", the double booking check will run for the booking record. This is to support a new Booking Alert status to enforce the revalidation of double booking for a particular booking record, i.e. to revalidate a facility record for double booking.
See also: Session Scheduler
Release date: 13th October 2021
Metadata Package Link
WARNING: If you are installing into an existing Salesforce org - STOP and contact us for assistance to avoid overwriting any existing metadata. It is important to compare the metadata before applying because it would overwrite any existing configuration.
Appointment Scheduler configuration
As part of the timezone issue fix, system administrator needs to update the Appointment Type configuration to create an active Appointment Time for each campus that is applicable.
REDU - Student profile update for Appointment Scheduler
The following object permission setting is needed on student profile (REDU - Student) for the Appointment Scheduler to work:
You can choose to apply the metadata package after the upgrade or modify the profile manually.
- "Error occurred while reading Course :1275 - Attempt to de-reference a null object" when viewing result in enrollment wizard.
- Appointment Scheduler: Timezone Issue.
- Appointment Scheduler: Default campus for student view to respect In Progress/Completed program enrollments.
- Change of session time doesn't recalculate the faculty double booking.
- Change of session time on session connection doesn't recreate attendance records.
- Create Faculty Connection Component: Invalid id "All" when assigning a faculty to a session.
- Custom Single Related list throws a nullpointer exception if parent's lookup field value is empty.
- EFTSL in plan requirement not working when 18 chars record type id is set custom setting.
- Field permission error when faculty member is giving grade.
- Session Scheduler: Creating a new session without session time doesn't close the create issue window after save.
The layout for appointment scheduler has been improved where Campus Location is selected first, thereby narrowing down the list of faculty members to those related to said campus before appointment type is selected.
- Allow users to define a custom or extend the end time after selecting a slot.
- Able to define the start/end date for an appointment type.
- Able to view the info of a slot that has been booked or unavailable.
- The booking records are synced between Appointment Scheduler and Session Scheduler.
- Check for faculty members leave request.
See also: Appointment Scheduler
New fields have been introduced to ease the legacy migration for Courses, namely "Historical Course Name" and "Historical Course ID". They can be found in Course Connection under Legacy Info. This allows historical Course names and IDs to be migrated rather than using Course Offering ID.
- Course Connection with Transfer Course no longer required an actual Plan Requirement (Course) linked.
- Session Scheduler: Expose "Show Faculty Without Allocation" setting.
- Configurable batch size for batchable jobs.
- Standardizing Grade Points field to 7 precision with 4 decimal points.