Credit Transfer for Elective Courses (Optional)
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Credit transfer for elective Courses (optional)
When a Course is completed, the credit transfer engine will create a new Course Connection for the related Course if it is not found on other Program Enrollments for a student. When a new Program Enrollment is created, the "Optional" Course Connection will also be created if the completed Course is found for a student to get a credit transfer.
In the older versions of RIO Education (v2.10 - v3.2), the Course Connections for Elective/Optional Courses are not created upfront. They are only created when the student enrolls into them. At this moment, if the student has completed a series of elective Courses from a different Program, the results are not credit transferred to the new Program that have the same set of elective Courses.
In the new releases (from v3.3 onwards), we have enhanced the credit transfer logic as below:
- When a Course is completed, the credit transfer engine will create a new Course Connection for the related Course if it is not found in other Program Enrollments for a student.
- When a new Program Enrollment is created, the optional Course Connection will also be created if the completed Course is found for a student to get a credit transfer.
However, if you are upgrading your RIO Education from below v3.3, you will need to manually fix the missing credit transfer Courses. Here are the steps:
- Identify the missing credit transfer Course(s).
- Navigate to the Program Enrollment record that you would like the credit transfer to be applied to.
- Under the tab Course Connection, click the button New to create a new Course Connection. These are the details required:
- Contact: Lookup to the student's record.
- Contact's Academic Program: Lookup to the Academic Program.
- Plan Requirement (Course): Lookup to the Plan Requirement of the Course that requires credit transfer. Refer to the Plan Requirement under Program Plan of the Academic Program above.
- PE Group: Lookup to the correct PE Group. Refer to the correct PE Group from the Program Enrollment >> Pathway.
- Click save. Once the Course Connection is created, the credit transfer automation will be triggered and this will update the grade information from the source Course Connection.