Role of Salesforce Admin
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
The role of Salesforce Administrator covers the following:
- Reset password.
- Freeze user.
- Troubleshoot user login issue.
- Create new users for:
- Internal users.
- Faculty users.
- Student users - usually created through self-registration but can be created manually as well (if required).
- Manage permission sets and permission set groups for new users (or existing users if there are updates in new features).
- Activate/deactivate users.
- Manage/assign 3rd party app licenses to users e.g. S-Docs.
Manage Master Data
- Setup/manage Educational Institution.
- Setup/manage Department.
- Setup/manage Campus.
- Setup/manage Facility Room.
- Setup/manage Faculty.
- Setup/manage Term.
- Create new Terms for coming Terms.
- Manage Term Start/End/Census Date.
- Manage Enrolment Date Time.
- Setup Term Holiday.
Manage Digital Experience
- Setup/manage Digital Experience.
- Manage contents.
- Manage images and corporate colors, fonts, etc.
- Maintain different pages for Student and Faculty views.
- Manage access/members of the Digital Experience (if any).
Forms are usually developed using Salesforce screen flow. If there are changes to the forms, e.g. change in field labels, picklist options, field mappings, etc., only the Administrator will have the rights to do so.
- Manage the content of the forms.
- Manage the fields in the forms:
- Field labels.
- Field options (if picklists).
- Field layouts.
- Field mappings (if there are new fields introduced).
As RIO Education is a SIS developed on Salesforce platform, the System Administrator will also have access to other parts of Salesforce.
This means the role of a System Administrator does not only cover the RIO Education part, but also other areas within Salesforce.
Please read more here.