Single org vs multi-org setup for CRM and SIS
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Single org benefits
Why is it recommended to have a single org setup for CRM and SIS, versus having them in separate orgs?
- Single source of truth for student data - both teams are sharing the same records, hence, a single org reduces duplicate data.
- Student insight - user can access and understand the student better from the head hunting process to the enrollment, as all the info are tracked in the same org.
- Reduces the complexity of integration. Since a single org means that the integration between 2 orgs are not needed, this helps to reduce the delay of data availability and expenditure (can be spent on other high priority MVPs).
That is not to say that there are no benefits of having a multi-org setup for CRM and SIS.
Having a multi-org setup brings the following benefits:
- The CRM and SIS team can be separated into 2 different silos (2 different owners), so that they would not cross with each other.
- The CRM team can better protect the sales-related info like activity history from the SIS team.
- Prevent recruitment staff from having access to SIS data (and the other way around). Having separate orgs could be simpler than setting up private security models in a single org.
- Make changes to recruitment flows, org without impacting SIS, or the SIS implementation without impacting the Recruitment. (i.e. release independently without having to test in the other area).