Integrating to QuickBooks Online (QBO) with RIO Connect (Technical)
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Fields mapping and RIO Connect component
You can view the detailed fields mapping used by the RIO Connect: QBO for RIO Education here.
(Note: Kindly send us a request if you wish to access our Google documents. For more on our security policy, see here).
To learn more about integrations schedule and trigger points outlined in the fields mapping, check out the topics in the RIO Connect Fields Mapping Indexes.
The following are the prerequisites to enable RIO Connect to connect with QuickBooks Online (QBO):
- Ensure that the RIO Education is installed successfully in the Salesforce Org. Please contact the RIO Education or consultant team if you require more information/assistance on RIO Education.
- Ensure that a QBO Apps is created in your respective QBO instance. A guide is available within QBO help pages (QuickBooks website).
Please take note of the client Id and client secret generated as it would be used for connecting to the correct QBO instance when ready.
Please also consider provisioning a sandbox access on top of the production, this would allow the RIO Connect Admin to perform a quick test prior to connecting to the production instance instead.
Callback/Redirect URLs to be included:
- Nominate a Salesforce user (ideally with System Administrator profile) and with RIO Education license (in order to be able to access RIO Education’s component).
- Configure an OAuth enabled Salesforce Connected App (i.e. name it ‘RIO Connect’) with the following attributes:
- Take note of the client Id and client secret generated via #6.
Things you can do before further enabling RIO Connect
Here are the installation/configuration steps that you can perform before further enabling the RIO Connect:
When all is set, reach out to the RIO Education account manager or the support team to request for further enabling RIO Connect for your account. We may provide you a secure form so that you can share the credentials information captured during the prerequisites stage.