Guideline on updating Fee Type
Table of Contents
How to update Fee Type?
This is a guideline to caution that changes to the Fee Type values need to be carefully considered and best consulted with the product developer.
See also: Fee Structure
- Fee Type/Fee Type Option comes with a default set of values.
- Both are controlling/dependent fields of each other.
- The values are defined within Global Value Set:
- Fee Type.
- Fee Type Option.
- The Global Value Set spans across:
- Removal: Fee Type - Financial Aid shall not be removed from the list. This is because it has a backend logic attached to it and will affect Fee Line calculation.
- Add: Fee Type - new values can be added and following need to be updated:
- Made available in objects, record types, controlling/dependent picklist.
- Add the new Fee Type to Payment Configuration custom metadata.
In the event that the fee is configured incorrectly, you will encounter the following errors:
- Failure to convert Program Application to Program Enrollment with error - Sales Error: (5264454206).
- |FATAL_ERROR|Internal Salesforce.com Error.