Modelling different Study Modes / Delivery Modes in RIO Education
This article suggests a way to handle students enrolled in a Program under different study options such as language, day/night shifts, online, etc.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
How to model a multiple-delivery-option Program in RIO Education so that students in a specific delivery option are offered the Courses that fit their option and only those.
An Educational Institution offers a Program in multiple delivery options according to language, time shift, and delivery mode. The language may be English or French. The time shift may be daytime or nighttime. The delivery mode may be face-to-face or on-line.
A particular student's profile may be French, nighttime, and on-line, and so must be the student's delivery option. When enrolling into Courses in the Student Community, this student should only be offered the Course Offerings that are delivered in French, with Sessions that fall into night shift and that are available for on-line students.
The heart of the issue here is having Terms that are specific to each student profile, a student profile being the combination of language, time shift and delivery mode in this case. For example, if a Program is structured by the Semester, we would need to create 2 language x 2 time shift x 2 delivery mode types of Semesters. Thus, in Semester 1 22-23 we would actually have 8 semesters as follows:
- Semester 1 22-23 (F2F-En-D).
- Semester 1 22-23 (F2F-En-N).
- Semester 1 22-23 (F2F-Fr-D).
- Semester 1 22-23 (F2F-Fr-N).
- Semester 1 22-23 (O/L-En-D).
- Semester 1 22-23 (O/L-En-N).
- Semester 1 22-23 (O/L-Fr-D).
- Semester 1 22-23 (O/L-Fr-N).
When an on-line, French, nighttime student enrolls into Courses at the beginning of a specific Term:
- RIO identifies their latest PE Pathway and looks for the next one. Let's say that this is Term #2.
- RIO finds that Term #1 was "Semester 1 22-23 (O/L-Fr-N)" and searches the student's Term chain for the following one, finding "Semester 2 22-23 (O/L-Fr-N)".
- Then, RIO seeks any Plan Requirement linked to the student's PE Pathway #2.
- For those, it seeks Course Offerings available in "Semester 2 22-23 (O/L-Fr-N)", exposing them in the Student Community for the student to enroll.
This way, students doing the Program on-line will not be offered Courses that available for F2F students only. The same applies to language and time shift.
Note: RIO is able to tell the type of Term that applies to a particular student by looking into the "Starting Term" field in "Program Enrollment". Hence, having this field ALWAYS POPULATED is paramount in order for this strategy to work.