[Technical] C03.2 - Pre-Requisite vs Pre-Requisite (Enrolled or Completed)
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
RIO Challenge C03.2 - Pre-Requisite vs Pre-Requisite (Enrolled or Completed)
Ensuring enrollment requirements are entered correctly is an important aspect of program setup. There are many different rules and requirements logic that can be applied within RIO Education.
The main focus of this challenge is to teach the challenger the difference between the 'Pre-Requisite' and 'Pre-Requisite (Enrolled or Completed)' requirement types, and know when to utilise either option.
Challenger can select and set up different pre-requisite types, depending on whether pre-requisite courses must be:
a) Completed with a 'Pass' grade, or,
b) Completed with a 'Pass' OR 'Enrolled'.
What does success look like?
'Pre-Requisite' and 'Pre-Requisite (Enrolled or Completed)' have both been successfully added to different Plan Requirements and the logic has been tested and confirmed in the Student Community.
Estimated time to complete
Steps to complete the challenge
RIO University admin has prepared the required data for the enrollment wizard.
However, some data is missing related to the requirement type.
Some of the Course Offerings will only be available for enrollment, if the student has met the pre-requisites for said Courses.
At RIO University, students are permitted to start enrolling in Courses for the next Term before their grades are released for the current Term.
Follow the steps below to set up the correct requirement type for ICT221.
- Click on the 'RIO Challenge V2' tab at the bottom left of the page. Click on 'Initiate Challenge' to generate the data required for this challenge.
- From the Accounts menu select the list 'Challenge 3.2 - Pre-Req vs Pre-Req (EorC)' and click on the record 'C03.2 - Bachelor of Business Management'.
- Click on the Program Versions tab and select the current Program Plan 'C03.2 - RIOUNI02'.
Navigate to Program Structure tab, and click 'View All' to expand the Plan Requirements list.
Locate and select the Plan Requirement for ICT221: 'C03.2 - RIOUNI02 - ICT221'.
From the Details tab, input the following missing information, and click 'Save':
A Requirement Description
ICT112 must be completed as a pre-requisite to enroll into this Course.
- From the Program Course Requirements tab, click on the record and update the missing information and click 'Save':
A Requirement Type
*Choose the correct value based on the RIO University rules*
Hint: The condition is that the student just needs to have enrolled to, or completed this Course. It does not matter what grade (if any) has been achieved for this Course.
C03.2 - Creative Problem Solving with Programming
- Now that the requirements rules are created, it is time to test them.
To do this, you will need to navigate to the Student Community as a student, to review the availability of Courses in the Enrollment Wizard.
To do this, navigate to the Contacts tab, select the list ‘Challenge 3.2 - Pre-Req vs Re-Req (EoC)’ and click on record 'C03.2 - Fred Smith' created for this challenge.
Then, log in to the Experience as user.
- This will take you to the Student Community, which is the front-end portal that students will be interacting with.
Click on 'Programs' at the bottom of the page, then click on 'my Pathway' on the next page.
Select 'T2 C03.2 - Previous Term 2' to and click 'View Results' to see results from the previous Term.
Fred Smith's result for ICT112 has not been released yet.
Even though the results for ICT112 are not out yet, Fred Smith should still be able to enroll to ICT221, due to the requirement logic that was setup previously in step 3.
To find out, follow the steps below.
- Click on the back arrow to return to the Term menu. Then, select 'T3 C03.2 - Future Term 1'.
Enroll Fred Smith in ICT221.
Fred Smith should be able to enroll successfully to ICT221, because he is already enrolled in ICT112 even though the grades are not out yet.
This is because the RIO University rules define that he doesn't need to complete ICT112 with a Pass grade.
- Return to the Salesforce console view to complete the challenge.
Log out from the Student Community and you will be redirected back to the student record.
- Congratulations, you have completed the challenge! Click on the 'RIO Challenge V2' tab at the bottom left of the page, and click on 'Complete Challenge'.