RIO Education 3.13 Release Notes
Enhancements, new features, and bug fixes
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
If a specific enhancement or new feature requires configuration, the notes will mention:
- the upgrade notes (steps),
- the components ("RIO Ed - Aura"),
- the attributes (configurable settings), and/or,
- the custom metadata type.
Otherwise, if there is no mention on configuration, attributes, RIO Ed - Aura components, or upgrade notes for a specific enhancement, this means that specific enhancement is automatically available upon installing this new version.
No configuration is needed for a new feature unless stated otherwise.
For more information on installing or upgrading your RIO Education version, head here.
Release date: 23rd May 2023
3.13 New Install
Before you upgrade
If you have not already enabled LWS in your instance, make sure to enable it. See here for more details.
- We recommend you to test new versions in a sandbox first (according to your own test cases), before rolling it into production.
- It is important to review the upgrade plans and the metadata to be applied before performing any action, as we do not support rollback.
1) If you are using REDU - Admin and REDU - Operation Admin profile / permission set, take note of the following:
2) If you have a customized Session Scheduler page, make sure to check that all attributes (e.g. field sets, info popups) are present after upgrading.
- It is best to keep track of your attributes on the RIO Ed - Session Scheduler component before upgrading, so that you can update them if any are missing after upgrading.
Enhancement - Finance
ISS-001565 Support multiple deposits deduction throughout different period of time
Previously, ‘Deposit’ type Student Fees are only calculated once. Subsequent ones are not taken into account.
For example, if housing deposit is paid each year (the year has 2 Terms), the first Term deducts the deposit from the billing, but the second Term has no deposit deduction.
Therefore, ‘Tuition’ type Student Fees will now look for all previous deposits fee lines, and will make deductions for any that haven't been deducted yet.
There are no direct fields to track which deposit fee line has already been used, so this is calculated based on the earliest created deposit and deposit amount that had already been deducted from other Tuition Student Fees.
Enhancement - Admission
ISS-001608 Transfer Credit Wizard - Rename Institute label
In the Transfer Credit Wizard UI, the ‘Institute’ field refers to the Agreement record. This could potentially confuse users who might have mistaken the ‘Institute’ field as referring to the Account.
Thus, the default value of the instituteLabel has been updated to be ‘Agreement’ now, on the following Lightning Components and packaged Lightning Pages:
Lightning Web Component:
- Program_Application_Record_Page1 / Lightning Page
- Program_Enrollment_Record_Page2 / Lightning Page
- RIOEducation_Application_Record_Page / Lightning Page
See also: Transfer Credits
Enhancement - Assessment and Completion
ISS-001621 Move the mapping of Grade Setting Type on Course Connection to a separate TDTM
The logic of setting the Course Connection's Grade Setting Type is now split to a new TDTM trigger called "CSEN_SetGradeSetting_TDTM".
This is to allow custom codes to overwrite the Grade Setting Type to cater for different business use cases.
The TDTM trigger will inherit the Grade Setting Type from the Course Offering (or from the Course, if there is no Grade Setting Type defined in the Course Offering), when one of the following fields are updated:
- Course Offering = linked to a Course Offering.
- Release Grades = checked to release grades.