Integrating to PowerFAIDS with RIO Connect (Technical)
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Fields mapping and RIO Connect component
You can view the detailed fields mapping and additional Salesforce components being referenced by the RIO Connect: PowerFAIDS for RIO Education here.
(Note: Kindly send us a request if you wish to access our Google documents. For more on our security policy, see here).
To learn more about the integrations schedule and trigger points outlined in the field mapping, check out the topics in the RIO Connect Fields Mapping Indexes.
The following are the prerequisites to enable RIO Connect to connect with PowerFAIDS:
- Ensure that the RIO Education is installed successfully in the Salesforce Org. Please contact the RIO Education or consultant team if you require more information/assistance on RIO Education.
- OAuth is configured in RIO Education by creating the Salesforce Connected App.
- RIO Financial Aid custom components package is installed and setup in RIO Education.
- PowerFAIDS is an on-premise system installed in a local server. One way to access the files is via FTP/SFTP. You will have to work with the institution administrator to setup the connection.
- The RIO team is able to provide an IP address or IP ranges to help the institution administrator add additional layers of data file security.
Things you can do before further enabling RIO Connect
Here are the installation/configuration steps that you can perform before further enabling RIO Connect:
- Download and install the latest RIO Education Reporting (US) package from here.
- Assign the “REDU - Financial Aid Admin” permission set to the Salesforce admin users and "REDU - Financial Aid Non Admin" permission set to the non-admin users.
- To expose the additional fields/components for other Salesforce users too, repeat step #2 for the specific user/profile.
- Note that the additional fields are not included in any page layout by default. You can add the additional fields into the layout based on your liking.
When all is set, reach out to the RIO Education account manager or the support team to request for further enablement of RIO Connect for your account. We will provide you with a secure form to supply the credentials and any other information captured during the prerequisites stage.