Overview - Project Management & Governance
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
RIO Project Methodology
The RIO implementation methodology is based on Project Milestones.
We develop our project plans using Mission Control, a Salesforce solution for project management:
- All of the Project actions/tasks, resource assignments, issues and time logging is captured in a Mission Control Project, allowing for monthly or milestone time-logs to be provided to the customer.
Once agreement is in place to deliver RIO Education, we create:
- A Project Plan in Mission Control.
- A set of Milestones for:
- Design & Prototype.
- UAT, Data Migration and Deployment.
- Post Go Live Support.
- Our Project Plan can generate a Gantt Chart, we share this with the customer.
Prior to our kick-off meeting we supply the customer with a list of information needed to commence the project, this includes:
- Identifying the key stakeholders we will need to work with during the stages of the project.
- Any upcoming intake timelines/ key dates, holidays, key staff vacation or lack of availability.
- Any 3rd party applications we may not already be aware of, i.e. finance, LMS etc.
The list of stakeholders needed to deliver a successful SIS implementation. Get the full list here: RIO Education Most Wanted.
MVP Gantt Chart
Here is a sample Gantt chart for a sample RIO project:
- This project is ~6 months in duration
- Project roles have been assigned
- RIO Recipe - sample project gantt chart is provided.
- Along with a RIO Recipe - sample project gantt chart Microsoft Project file.
Please note this is a sample only and project timelines will vary. The duration of a RIO Education project is highly dependent on the following:
- Customisation of RIO Education that is outside of our standard MVP Requirements.
- Complexity of the data migration exercise:
- Number of data sources.
- Cleanliness of data to be migrated.
- Number of years of data to be migrated.
- Compatibility of historical data to a modern data model.
- Number of Integration end points and process needed.
- Number of languages to be provided for students and faculty, i.e. English, Spanish, French, Portuguese.
Before you start a RIO Education project, please adjust this plan according to your customer's requirements.