Overview - Project Management & Governance
This is how the RIO team manages your project, in our Salesforce instance.
Table of Contents
RIO Project Methodology
The RIO implementation methodology uses RIO Recipe.
Internally we develop our project plans using Mission Control, a Salesforce solution for project management:
- All of the Project actions/tasks, resource assignments, issues and time logging are captured in a Mission Control Project, allowing for monthly or milestone time-logs to be provided to the customer.
Once agreement is in place to deliver RIO Education, we create:
- A Project Plan in Mission Control.
- A set of Milestones for:
- Design & Prototype.
- UAT, Data Migration and Deployment.
- Post Go Live Support.
- Our Project Plan can generate a Gantt Chart, we share this with the customer.
Identifying the key stakeholders, aka RIO Most Wanted
The list of stakeholders needed to deliver a successful SIS implementation. Get the full list here: RIO Education Most Wanted.
MVP Gantt Chart
Here is a sample Gantt chart for a sample RIO project:
- This project is ~6 months in duration
- Project roles have been assigned
- RIO Recipe - sample project gantt chart is provided.
Please note this is a sample only and project timelines will vary. The duration of a RIO Education project is highly dependent on the following:
- Customisation of RIO Education that is outside of our standard MVP Requirements.
- Complexity of the data migration exercise:
- Number of data sources and unique identifiers within each data source.
- Cleanliness of data to be migrated.
- Number of years of data to be migrated.
- Compatibility of historical data to a modern data model.
- Number of Integration end points and process needed.
- Number of languages to be provided for students and faculty, i.e. English, Spanish, French, Portuguese.
Before you start a RIO Education project, please adjust this plan according to your customer's requirements.