Course Substitution Package
Create One-Off Course Substitutions
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
The RIO Education Course Substitution package is intended to create "one-off" Course substitutions for individual students in a particular Program. It is not intended for a Program Course/structure change that applies to all students taking the same Program.
This package supports Course substitutions that meet either of the following criteria:
- The Course that is to be substituted is not part of the Program Structure.
- The Course that is to be substituted is part of the Program Structure, but in a different Plan Requirement Group.
The following items have been created to facilitate this process:
Substitution Program/Program Plan Record
- Object: Account.
- Record Type: Academic Program.
|Field Label||Field Name
||The value of this field should be the Educational Institution account for the university.
- Object: hed__Program_Plan__c .
|Field Label||Field Name||Value||Other Comments|
|Program Plan Name
||The value of this field should be the Substitution account created in the previous step.
|Auto Credit Transfer
The following Custom Setting fields were added to store the Record IDs of the Substitution Plan/Program Plan listed above:
- Label: RIO Education Settings.
- Object Name: rio_ed__RIO_Education_Settings__c .
|Field Label||Field Name||Field Type||Other Comments|
|Program Plan Substitution Record ID
||This field stores the Record ID for the “Substitution” Program Plan record that was created above.
|Student Course Connection RT Id
This field stores the “Student” Course Connection Record Type ID.
- Flow Label: Course Substitution.
- Flow API Name: redu_Course_Substitutions .
- Description: Screen Flow to handle One-Off Course Substitutions.
- Type: Screen Flow.
The flow then creates the necessary Plan Requirement Group/Course pair and the Course Connection that will allow this student to enroll in the newly substituted Course, and have it applied to the original Plan Requirement Course and Program Discipline (if it exists) upon completion.
In the event a Plan Requirement Group/Course pair for the substituted Course already exists, those records will be used to facilitate the substitution. Likewise, if a Course Connection exists that is tied to the original Plan Requirement Course, the Course Connection will be updated to reference the substitution Plan Requirement Course.
- Navigate to the Program Enrollment record and select "Create Course Substitution" from dropdown menu on the top right:
- Select the PE Group that contains the Plan Requirement Course you wish to substitute, and click "Next":
- Select the Plan Requirement Course you wish to substitute, and click "Next":
- Select the Department the new Substitute Course is assigned to, and click "Next":
- Select Substitute Course to replace original Plan Requirement, and click "Next":
- The necessary records will be created, and a "Result" screen will be displayed with a description of all records that were created or updated as part of this process: