IPEDS User Guide
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
IPEDS User Guide
This guide outlines the steps required for an end user to create an IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System) report.
- The following managed packages must be installed in the Salesforce org:
- RIO Education.
- RIO Education Reporting (US).
- The RIO IPEDS permission set must be assigned to the user.
- In Custom Settings > Reporting Export App Settings, ensure that 'Enable Export Log' checkbox is checked.
- The ‘RIO IPEDS Survey Default’ records must have been entered or updated (refer to the steps in the relevant section below).
Generate IPEDS Report
From the Apps menu, select the ‘RIO IPEDS’ application.
Select the ‘RIO IPEDS Exports’ tab and choose the desired list view (e.g. Winter Collection).
Select a ‘Reporting Export’ record according to the type of IPEDS report required (e.g. SFA-Winter-2021).
Review each of the fields on the record and update any fields as required. Alternatively, if a new report is required, simply click the ‘Clone’ button, modify the fields accordingly, and then click the ‘Save’ button.
Invoke the report generation by clicking the ‘Run’ button and then clicking the ‘Save’ button.
The status field will then be updated to ‘Export - Queued’.
When the report generation actually commences, the status field will be updated to ‘Export - In progress’.
While the report is running, which could take many minutes depending on the actual type of report, the status field will continue to show ‘Export - In progress’. The status of the report generation can be checked by clicking the browser’s page refresh button.
Once the report has been generated, the status field will be updated to ‘Export - Completed’ and the IPEDS report file(s) will be available from the ‘Notes & Attachments’ section.
RIO IPEDS Survey Defaults
The survey default records store those IPEDS values that don’t natively exist in RIO Education but are required to be included in the IPEDS reports according to the Survey Materials specifications.
- Academic Libraries (AL1) - Parts A, B, C.
- Admissions (ADM) - Parts A, C.
- Completions (COM) - Parts B, C.
- Fall Enrollment (EF1) - Parts A, B, C, D, E, F, G.
- Finance (F2B) - Parts 9, A.
- Graduation Rates 200 (G21) - Part A.
- Human Resources (HR1) - Parts A1, A2.
- Human Resources (HR2) - Parts A1, B1, B2, G1, G2.
- Institutional Characteristics (ICA) - Parts A, B, C, D, E, F.
- Outcome Measures (OM1) - Parts A, B, C, D.
To enter these values please complete the following steps for each of the 'RIO IPEDS Survey Defaults' records available:
- From the Apps menu, select the 'RIO IPEDS' application.
- Select the 'RIO IPEDS Survey Defaults' tab and choose the relevant list view (e.g. Admissions).
- Select the 'Survey ID' record according to the required type of IPEDS report record (e.g. 2021-161022-ADM-A).
- Enter the required values in each field. You can refer to the tooltip next to the field and/or refer to the 'Survey Materials' link to learn more about the information required.
- Once the data for each field has been entered or updated, click the 'Save' button.
From within each of the ‘RIO IPEDS Survey Default’ records you can click on the ‘Survey Materials’ link to open a tab which will give you access to each of the IPEDS record specifications relevant for your institution.
- Click the 'Survey Materials' link to open a new tab.
- Enter your Unit ID and then click the 'Search' button.
- Click on the relevant IPEDS report.
- IPEDS 2021-22 Survey - Spring Collection.
- IPEDS 2021-22 Survey - Fall Collection.
- IPEDS 2021-22 Survey - Winter Collection.