Integrating to Moodle with RIO Connect (Technical)
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Fields mapping and RIO Connect component
You can view the detailed fields mapping and additional Salesforce components being referenced by the RIO Connect: Moodle for RIO Education here.
(Note: Kindly send us a request if you wish to access our Google documents. For more on our security policy, see here).
To learn more about integrations schedule and trigger points outlined in the fields mapping, check out the topics in the RIO Connect Fields Mapping Indexes.
The following are the prerequisites to enable RIO Connect to connect with Moodle:
- Ensure that the RIO Education is installed successfully in the Salesforce Org. Please contact the RIO Education or consultant team if you require more information/assistance on RIO Education.
- Ensure that the Moodle instance is enabled with the Moodle Core API Web Service plugin.
RIO Connect requires the Moodle function as outlined in the fields mapping at a minimum.
- Have the Moodle API Token upfront as well as the Moodle’s domain URL.
- Nominate a Salesforce user (ideally with System Administrator profile) and with RIO Education license (in order to be able to access RIO Education’s component).
- Configure an OAuth enabled Salesforce Connected App (i.e. name it ‘RIO Connect’) with the following attributes:
- Take note of the client Id and client secret generated via #6.
Things you can do before further enabling RIO Connect
Here are the installation/configuration steps that you can perform before further enabling the RIO Connect:
When all is set, reach out to the RIO Education account manager or the support team to request for further enabling RIO Connect for your account. We may provide you a secure form so that you can share the credentials information captured during the prerequisites stage.