RIO Education 3.14.2 Release Notes
Enhancements, new features, and bug fixes
Table of Contents
If a specific enhancement or new feature requires configuration, the notes will mention:
- the upgrade notes (steps),
- the components ("RIO Ed - Aura"),
- the attributes (configurable settings), and/or,
- the custom metadata type.
Otherwise, if there is no mention on configuration, attributes, RIO Ed - Aura components, or upgrade notes for a specific enhancement, this means that specific enhancement is automatically available upon installing this new version.
No configuration is needed for a new feature unless stated otherwise.
For more information on installing or upgrading your RIO Education version, head here.
Release date: 19th October 2023
3.14.2 New Install
Before you upgrade
If you have not already enabled LWS in your instance, make sure to enable it. See here for more details.
- We recommend you to test new versions in a sandbox first (according to your own test cases), before rolling it into production.
- It is important to review the upgrade plans and the metadata to be applied before performing any action, as we do not support rollback.
Bug Fix - Admission
ISS-001731Approving transfer credits in bulk that contains partial error won't create course connection even the status changed to Approved
Previously in v3.9, when approving Transfer Credits in bulk (combination of good and bad records), the "good" Transfer Credit records which are approved will have no Course Connections created and linked to them.
This is now fixed, by removing recursive Set filter and moving the date to a beforeUpdate trigger action.
Bug Fix - Enrollment Management
ISS-001757 Discipline Requirement display in Wizard not sorted accordingly
Fixed a bug in v3.14.1, where the Discipline Requirement Groups were not sorted according to the Sequence.
Updated the Discipline Requirement's Full Sequence Order formula to more accurately sort the sequence.
Bug Fix - Schedule and Delivery
ISS-001775 Fields not displaying correctly in calendar Session Details popup
Fixed a bug in v3.12, where the ‘Session Details’ fields popup from the RIO Ed - Calendar (Aura) component (which were configured using field sets) were not displaying correctly in the community.
ISS-001777 Back button in calendar not working correctly
Fixed a bug in v3.12, where the “back” button in the RIO Ed - Calendar (Aura) component under the "my Sessions" tab of the RIO Ed - My Program component was not working correctly in the community.
Bug Fix - Continuing Study
ISS-001779 Continuing Education: Validate_Contact validation rule is preventing course connection creation
Updated the Course Connection's “Validate_Contact” validation rule, to only apply to Course Connections with linked Program Enrollments.
Enhancement - Assessment and Completion
ISS-001568 Enable sorting capabilities for Attendance and Grading in Community Portal
Introduced student name sorting capabilities, when viewing the list of students for taking attendance and grading in the Community.
Added a “Sort by” picklist for sorting students alphabetically according to their name.
- Student Name A-Z
- Student Name Z-A
- Student Last Name A-Z
- Student Last Name Z-A
Added a new “Default Student Sort Order” attribute on the following components, which allows admin to set the default sort order.
Enhancement - Student Management
ISS-001723 Withdrawing Course with disbursement created
Previously in v3.12, if a PE Pathway has a Student Fee generated and Disbursement created before the Census Date, and the student withdraws from a course, the withdrawal is treated as after census date:
- Fee lines aren't deleted automatically.
- Enrollment Status is set to Withdrawal Requested.
This was due to Disbursements being considered as payments.
This is now fixed.
The Enrollment Wizard will ignore “non-real” payments such as disbursements, refunds, and void payments, and allow students to withdraw from Courses before the Census Date.
Also added permissions to students to let them create/update Funding payments, which was originally preventing them from enrolling/withdrawing while Disbursement payments were generated.
- REDU - Student Permission Set
- Disbursements - Create, Edit, Delete
- Disbursement Date - Read, Edit
- Amount Disbursed - Edit
- Student Fee - Edit
- Payments - Edit, Delete
- Description - Read, Edit
- Disbursement - Read, Edit
- Transaction Type - Read, Edit
Enhancement - Finance
ISS-001749 Update Disbursement Payments instead of adding new ones
Updated how Disbursement payments are generated, so that any changes to the Fee will update the payment record, instead of creating a new one.
For example, the “Create Disbursements” flag on the Student Fee is checked, and a Disbursement payment is generated to offset the Fee Lines of enrolled Courses.
- If the student enrolls to additional Courses afterwards, this will update the amount of the Disbursement payment, rather than creating a new one.
- If the student withdraws from all Courses, the Disbursement payment will be deleted, as it is not needed since there are no Fee Lines now.
Also fixed a bug where withdrawing from Course Connections would not update Disbursement payments.
See also: Disbursements
ISS-001756 Error Message for Fee Schedule Term not found
Improved the error message when enrolling students to Course Offerings that have no Fee Schedule Terms.
To help users identify the records, the error message will:
- mention that there is no Fee Schedule Term for the Fee and Term, and,
- provide URL for both the Fee and Term records.
See also: Setting up Fees
Enhancement - Enrollment Management
ISS-001754 Capability to configure View All Courses as Default
Added a new “View All Courses Toggle Default” attribute on these components:
- RIO Ed - My Program (Aura) - for the enrollment wizard in the Community
- RIO Ed - My Pathway (Aura) - for the enrollment wizard on the Program Enrollment page in the internal console
This allows users to set “View All Courses” as default, whenever students and/or internal users view the enrollment wizard.
If set to true, all courses (including those outside of the pathway) will be displayed as default.