Program Pathway selection is empty in Application
Cannot find and select Program Pathway when applying for a Program
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
In other words, why is there no Program Pathway to choose in the Program Application?
Prior to RIO Education v2.12, Program Pathways were linked to Study Mode. That meant that when a student elected for Full-time or Part-time on the application, that would flow down to the Program Enrollment, and that field would determine which pathway the student sees in the enrollment wizard.
There was no way to define a pathway for another purpose, e.g. a specific pathway for a discipline or track.
From v2.12 we introduced some new field(s) to allow these:
On the Program Pathway:
- Name (text).
- Pathway (Lookup to pathway record).
If this is not set on the Application, then the default Pathway will be chosen.
The default Pathway is a field on Program Plan:
- Default Program Pathway (Lookup to pathway record).
At implementation time now, we have some more options for Schools to chose from. If the school just needs a couple of pathways, based on the enrollment mode (Full-time, etc.), then we can introduce automation to select that from in the Program Application or Enrollment based on the mode.
If there are other pathways required, such as a specific pathway based on a major or track, then there are a few options to cater for that:
- Create automation to populate the pathway on the Application or Enrollment, based on the criteria that define it e.g.:
- Full-time or part-time mode, plus the discipline chosen.
- Provide a user-friendly list of the names of the pathways available to the student to chose on the application form.