RIO Technical Consultant Certification
Learn how to become a RIO Certified Technical Consultant and gain the foundational skills to implement our SIS.
Table of Contents
About this exam
This exam is designed for participants to demonstrate their skills in:
- Requirement gathering and analysis based on a fictional university.
- Setting up the data required to enable basic features in RIO Education.
- Understanding the relationship between the data and the feature for RIO Education.
Candidates must score 80% or above to pass. Estimated Time to Complete is 20-30 hours and must be completed within two weeks.
Upon passing this exam, you will receive an email containing your results.
In the near future, we will include a certificate as well. Stay tuned for developments.
Upon completion of this exam, participants can expect to be able to:
- Analyze the information provided in a use case, extract the relevant information that will be needed, and convert it into a master data template.
- Use a master data template and Data Loader to load the necessary data according to the correct sequence.
- Use standard RIO Education features from scheduling classes to grading.
This certification is more functional than technical.
Participants should have the following skill sets:
- Knowledge and experience in the Higher Education industry vertical.
- Experience in using Salesforce. Having Salesforce Certification is a plus.
- Experience in using Salesforce data loader.
- Experience with other Student Information System (SIS) or Student Record System (SRS) is a plus.
Prior to taking this test, participants MUST complete the following:
- RIO Academy Training
- Self-paced exercises feature by feature
- Estimated Time to Complete: 8-10 hours
- You can check your RIO Challenges progress in our Leaderboard.
RIO Recipe Training
- SIS implementation project delivery methodology
- Estimated Time to Complete: 10-15 hours
|80% (Number of completed rows / Total number of rows)
|2 weeks from the start date
|Estimated time to complete
|Approximately 20 - 30 hours
Each participant will be given a maximum of one revision.
For example, if your first submission is only 65%, you can reattempt the exercise, set up what was missing, and resubmit once more.
This example comprises of the following modules:
|Basic installation and user setup.
|Master Data Management
|RIO master data setup to enable features.
|Admission related features.
|Enrollment related features.
|Basic finance setup for fee and billing.
|Session schedule setup.
|Assessment related features.
|Basic student management features.
Maintaining the certification
Certified individuals are required to keep their RIO Challenges completion up-to-date yearly.
New RIO Challenges will be added from time-to-time, so do follow our Trailblazer group for updates on new additions.
Interested to get started? Please reach out to your Partner Manager to learn more.