If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Great! You are ready to kick start the discovery phase. Our MVP approach suggests at least 6 Discovery Sessions to cover all the Focus Areas. Take a look at each session below to understand who should attend and what you need to prepare.
Discovery Session 1 - Master Data/Program/Term Management
Who: IT Team, Registrar Team.
What: In this session, we will cover the foundation setup of RIO and how your institution's data will look in RIO. For example, this is a standard Master Data Setup using our fictional RIO University as an example.
- Take a look at this Program Administration video to have an idea on how to structure your Program/Course data.
- Please send us any Program/Course Guide you have. You can pick the most popular Program as an example.
- List Faculty/Users.
Discovery Session 2 - Admission/Application
Who: IT Team, Admission team, Registrar Team.
What: In this session, we are going to walkthrough your current admissions process for both domestic/international applicants.
- Sample LOO file.
- Sample COE (if any).
- Sample Student ID format.
- Sample Student Email format.
Discovery Session 3 - Student Management/Student Community
Who: IT Team, Registrar Team, Student Service Team.
What: In this session, we will cover the Student Experience from the RIO Education Portal and also the internal console view for Student Management.
- Take a look at this video on Student Experience to refresh your memory on how a Student will interact with the system.
- Take a look at this video on Student Management to understand how the Registrar team can manage Students Enrollment in the system.
- Take a look at this video on 360 Student View to get an idea of a comprehensive view of all data related to a Student in the system.
- Any custom student form required that is not standard.
Discovery Session 4 - Fee/Billing and Finance
Who: IT Team, Finance team, Registrar Team.
What: In this session, we will follow the money trail. We will cover all the billing events and how we interact with Students. Any integration to the finance system should be discussed here too.
Discovery Session 5 - Session Management/Appointment Scheduling/ Attendance Management
Who: IT Team, Registrar Team.
What: In this session, we will take a look at how to schedule Sessions in RIO Education. In the process, we will also assign an available/suitable facility/faculty member for the Session. Apart from that, we will cover how faculty can mark students attendance via the community portal.
- Understand the relationship between Term, Course Offering and Session.
- Take a look at this video to get a good idea of Session Scheduler feature in RIO Education.
- Take a look at this video on Faculty Community to get an idea what faculty can do in the portal.
- Qualified faculty (Optional. Only if we want RIO Education to alert you if a Faculty Member is not qualified to teach certain Courses).
- Sample Course Offering for the last Term. For example, what Courses are available for last Term.
- Faculty member/facility availability for appointment (Optional).
Discovery Session 6 - Assessment/Grade Management
Who: IT Team, Assessment Team (LMS), Registrar.
What: In this session, we will cover the assessment and completion of the Courses. Any LMS integration should be discussed here too.
- Please send us your latest grade book.
- For LMS Moodle/Canvas Integration, please take a look at RIO Education documentation.
- Please provide a sample Course Assessment with weightage. For example, BUS101 has 20% assignment + 80% exam.
- Sample Transcript.
- Certification/Testamur (Optional. Only if it is applicable).
- LMS admin login (both production and sandbox).